Before rooting your device be sure to back up all your data. Rooting is not difficult, but it's not for those who haven't really done it before either. If you're a newbie you might want to ask someone more experienced to help you.
- Download the CF-Root kernel and save it to your computer (CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXX_LPB-v5.2-CWM5.zip)
- Unzip the downloaded file and you end up with CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXX_LPB-v5.2-CWM5.tar. Do not unpack the .tar file.
- Download Odin3 v1.83 and save it to your computer (Odin3-v1.83.exe, 416 KB).
- Turn off your phone. It will vibrate when it is completely off.
- Hold down the Volume Down key, Home key, and Power button simultaneously until a "Warning!" sign appears. That will Boot your device into Download mode.
- Press the Volume Up key to continue.
- Open Odin3 by double-clicking "Odin3 v1.83.exe" file on the computer.
- Attach your phone to your computer via USB cable. The word "Added!" will appear in Odinís message box. If you don't see the message, make sure the appropriate drivers for your phone are installed on your computer.
- Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the .tar files you extracted earlier.
Under "Option," check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes.
- Click the Start button in Odin3 to install the CF-Root kernel. A "PASS" message will appear when the kernel is successfully installed.
- Your phone will automatically reboot once the kernel is installed.
- Unplug your phone from the computer when you see the Samsung Galaxy S2 logo.